Steering wheel and controls on S120
Instruments and controls
The contoured dash has clean, attractive styling:
- Controls are color-coded and labeled for easy identification.
- Controls are logically placed and easy to reach.
- The hour meter makes it easy to tell when oil changes and other maintenance should be performed.
- Functional design of the controls provides good appearance and a comfortable feel.
Easy-read fuel gauge shows fuel level on the dashboard
Easy-read fuel gauge
Convenient fuel filler opening
The easy-read fuel gauge shows how much fuel is in the tank and can be seen on the dashboard:
- Easy to check fuel level
- Convenient location
- Visible in cloudy or dusk conditions (is not backlit)
- Does not slosh from bumps
- The MowerPlus™ smartphone app can read and remember the fuel level (optional MowerPlus deluxe smart connector required)
- The hour meter is also visible on the fuel gauge display
Side-by-side transmission control pedals
Two-pedal speed/direction controls
Side-by-side foot pedals
Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Automotive-type accelerator controls ensure easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
Cruise control (S120 and S130)
Cruise control lever
Cruise control is available on the S120 and S130:
- To engage, lift the cruise lever and hold until the foot is removed from the forward pedal.
- The cruise control can be released by pushing on the brake pedal or the forward pedal.
Mower deck height adjustment
Mower deck height adjustment lever
A spring-assisted, ergonomically designed lift lever simplifies adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 0.64 cm (1/4 in.) allow fine-tuning the cut height.
- Cut height is adjustable from 2.5 to 10.2 cm (1 to 4 in.).
- The lift handle is shaped for easy use and is out of the way of entering or exiting operators.
Parking brake control
Brake/parking brake pedal
Parking brake lever
The parking brake control is conveniently located on the tractor pedestal for easy access. It holds the brake pedal securely in the locked position.
Manual power take-off (PTO)
PTO engagement lever
The mower deck is engaged with the easy-to-see and easy-to-use yellow lever above the dashboard. Its placement on the right side leaves a lot of room on the left, the entry side of the tractor, for the operator to get on and off the tractor.
Reverse implement option (RIO)
CAUTION: Children or bystanders may be injured by rotating blades. Before traveling forward or rearward:
- Carefully check the area around the machine.
- Disengage the mower before backing up.
NOTE: Backing up while the mower is engaged is strongly discouraged. RIO should be used only when operating another attachment or when the operator deems it necessary to reposition the machine with the mower engaged.
- Stop forward travel.
- Look behind the machine to be sure there are no bystanders.
- Push and hold in the RIO switch while depressing the reverse pedal slightly.
NOTE: If the engine and mower or other attachment stops while repositioning the machine, return the attachment engagement lever/switch to the off position. Start the engine and engage mower or other attachment. Begin again with step 2.
- Release the RIO switch and reposition the machine as the machine begins to move rearward.
- Resume forward travel. The mower or other attachment should continue operating.
- Repeat procedure to position the machine again.