3-cylinder diesel engine
Access to engine service points
Frequently accessed service areas such as the air cleaner, radiator screen, and oil check and fill points can be easily accessed from the open engine compartment.
An easy-to-remove rear engine service panel allows access to all engine service points for scheduled service or other maintenance work.
Radiator coolant reservoir
Engine oil filter, dipstick, and fuel filter/water separator
The design of the Z994R makes service components like the engine oil dipstick, oil filter, and fuel filter/water separator easy to see and access:
- Large radiator coolant reservoir and fuel filter/separator reduce service requirements and increase uptime.
- A convenient fuel shutoff is provided on the filter/separator.
Removable floor panel
Floor panel removed for mower access (similar Z970R shown)
The floor panel is easily removed, without tools, to give access to the top of the mower deck for cleaning and service.
All mower deck blade spindle grease fittings can be accessed from the top of the mower deck.
Battery and transmission fluid reservoir access
Service access with seat in raised position
The seat is locked down for operator comfort and safety, but the spring latch system is easily released to raise the seat to protect it from the elements and give access to the battery, transmission fluid reservoir, etc.
Sealed fuse and relay box
- Maintenance free, 600 cold-cranking amp (CCA) battery is provided for fast, reliable engine starts.
- Electrical box is sealed to keep dirt and moisture out for reliability and ease of service.
Motion-control lever and tracking adjustments
Motion-control lever two-position height adjustment
Adjustments for fore-aft position (1) and tracking (2)
Motion-control lever adjustments include:
- Two height positions to suit the operator
- Control lever fore/aft position to suit operator size and preference
- Slots in control levers allow forward/rearward adjustment of control arms when the bolts are loose.
- Gap between the control levers adjustment (1)
- From-the-seat tracking adjustment (2) so operators can mow straight and produce professional striping results
Service information and diagnostics
Service information label
Digital multi-function display
A digital multifunction display shows the number of hours the machine is run when the key switch is in the on position. It only counts the hours the engine is actually running. Monitoring systems to notify operators of machine status and quickly diagnose common downtime issues include:
- Glow plug monitor
- Maintenance required notification
- Low oil pressure
- Hour meter
- Coolant overheat notification
- Battery charging system
- High engine oil temperature
Optional service jack kit and jack
Jack kit and jack installed
Jack in storage position
The Z994R front frame member is pre-drilled to accept the optional jack kit and jack:
- The jack makes servicing the underside of the mower deck safer and easier.
- Placed in the storage position, the jack can be carried on the machine, always available for use.
- The jack will need to be removed when using front ballast that is required for a rear material collection system.
Three-year, 1500-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
Z994R ZTrak™ Mower
Z994R ZTrak Mower
An exclusive two-year, unlimited hour/three-year, 1500-hour (whichever comes first) bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard on the Z994R. The warranty is best in the industry and puts John Deere at the forefront of commercial mowing. It is also hassle free, with one company handling all of the paperwork.
NOTE: The warranty covers 36 months or 1500 hours, whichever comes first. For the first 24 months, there is no hour limitation.