Available on the 569 Premium and 469 Premium Balers only, John Deere exclusive Premium MegaWide Plus pickup has been upgraded to offer larger components to meet those extreme demands. Premium MegaWide Plus pickups also come standard with hydraulic pickup lift to help customers be more productive when having to raise the pickup for transportation.
Changes to the Premium MegaWide Plus pickup include:
Larger cams and cam bearings
Reel cam and cam arms for premium machines (1); Reel cam and cam arms for 9 Series (2)
Larger spider gears for 1.22-m (4-ft) and 1.52-m (5-ft) pickups
Left-hand spider gear for Premium Baler (1) and left-hand spider gear for 9 Series Baler (2)
Right-hand spider gear on Premium Baler (1) and right-hand spider gear for 9 Series Round Balers (2)
Center spider gear for 569 Premium Round Baler (1) and center spider gear for 569 Round Baler (2)
The spiders now have bearings to offer a quieter operation of the pickup as well as giving the reel higher durability (longer life). Left, right, and center spider gears are all larger on the premium pickups for increased life.
The premium pickup offers the low-profile design that owners love while adding the durability of larger components needed for large baling operations. This pickup makes baling easier, especially in wide or windblown windrows, and increases productivity; more hay volume means more bales per hour.
- Flare-to-flare width of 1.8 m (71 in.) on balers with a 1.22-m (4-ft) wide bale chamber
- Flare-to-flare width of 2.2 m (86.6 in.) on balers with a 1.52-m (5-ft) wide bale chamber
- MegaWide Plus pickup makes it easier to produce better-shaped bales and improves crop pickup in wide, windblown, or scattered windrows
- Mega teeth, located at the ends of the pickup, pull crop around the flares when baling wide or windblown windrows
- Mega Tough™ pickup teeth provide greater strength and durability
- Exclusive square design handles high-impact loads without yielding
- Sturdy toothbar design
- Self-adjusting roller baffle
- Spiral rotor feed system improves feeding in all crop conditions
- Chain driven for positive feeding
- Cutout clutch protected
- Semi-pneumatic gauge wheels
Mega Tough pickup teeth
Mega and MegaTough pickup teeth are base equipment:
- Mega teeth, at the ends of the pickup, are heavy-duty for long life and improved crop retrieval
- Mega Tough pickup teeth are designed to withstand the harshest baling conditions and provide long service life
The 1.22-m (4-ft) balers use a reinforced, full-length toothbar design.
The 1.53 m (5-ft) balers use a heavy, C-channel construction. The pickup toothbars are divided into two half-sections that mount to a center spider for increased strength and even crop feeding.
Available only on the MegaWide Plus pickup, the patented roller baffle is self-adjusting and produces smoother crop flow across the pickup. The roller also improves crop pick up in small windrows and prevents roll ahead of crop.
When combined with the MegaWide Plus pickup, this feeding system allows increased ground speed with less chance of plugging for increased productivity in all field conditions.
- Smoothes crop for even flow across pickup
- Allows for faster ground speed with less chance of plugging
- Increases operator productivity
Auger and rotor feed system
The MegaWide Plus pickup uses a rotor feeding assembly, which mounts behind the pickup for smooth and even crop flow into the bale chamber.
- Augers and rotor teeth are driven on the same shaft, eliminating the need for additional drives.
- The rotor is fixed to the baler frame, allowing positive and even feeding into the bale chamber.
- Large-diameter converging augers have high crop-flow capacity, and auger scrolls help to force crop into the chamber.
- Spiral design enhances feeding in uneven windrows and reduces loading on the rotor.
Rotor strippers allow crop to be lifted from the rotor teeth into the chamber without cutting or wrapping the crop.
Semi-pneumatic gauge wheel
Semi-pneumatic gauge wheels provide smooth ground gauging over uneven terrain and protection to the pickup.
- Stiffer rubber sidewalls
- No air pressure to maintain, which mean no flat tires
- Adjustable to meet pickup tooth-to-stubble height requirements
The pickup float springs are positioned for excellent flotation.
- Adjustable to meet varying field conditions
- Float springs only support the pickup reel
- Rotor assembly is fixed to the baler frame, eliminating additional weight on the pickup system
Cutout clutch protected feeder drive chain
The MegaWide Plus pickups are chain-driven for positive bale starts with cutout clutch protection. The pickup is now being driven off the drive roll and bypasses the starter roll. This will allow for reduced wear and breakage of the starter roll chain.
Adjustable crank handle
The adjusting crank positions the pickup to the desired operating height to match crop or field conditions.
An optional hydraulic pickup lift cylinder is available as an attachment.
- Makes raising for transport or clearing obstructions easy
- Crank handle serves as a down stop
- Adapts to regular, MegaTooth™ and MegaWide Plus pickups
- Hydraulic pickup lift comes standard on premium machines