4045HFG044.5L Generator Drive Engine
- PowerTech™ PWL
- Standby: 67-99 kW (90-133 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Prime: 61-90 kW (82-122 hp) @ 1800 rpm
- Wastegated turbochargers are designed to develop more airflow at lower engine speeds to improve low-speed torque. The wastegate control device bleeds off a portion of the exhaust flow at higher engine speeds. Wastegated turbos deliver improved transient response and higher peak torque without compromising engine envelope size. They also provide the lowest installed cost across a given power range.
Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- EGR cools and mixes measured amounts of cooled exhaust gas with incoming fresh air to lower peak combustion temperatures, thereby reducing NOx.
Diesel oxidation catalyst(DOC)
- PowerTech PWL 4.5L engines for Final Tier 4/Stage IV produce near-zero levels of particulate matter (PM) without a filter thanks to an optimized combustion system and engine calibration. Remaining PM and other hydrocarbons are oxidized passively in a flow-through DOC without the need for regeneration.
High-pressure common-rail (HPCR) and engine control unit (ECU)
- The HPCR fuel system provides variable common-rail pressure, multiple injections, and higher injection pressures up to 2,500 bar (36,000 psi). It also controls fuel injection timing and provides precise control for the start, duration, and end of injection.
Selective catalytic reduction (SCR)
- John Deere engines feature an SCR system that utilizes a urea-based additive, sometimes referred to as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The ammonia in the urea reacts with engine exhaust gases in the SCR catalyst to reduce NOx — converting it to nitrogen and water vapor.
4-valve cylinder head
- The 4-valve cylinder head provides excellent airflow resulting in greater low-speed torque and better transient response time by utilizing a cross-flow design.
- This is the most efficient method of cooling intake air to help reduce engine emissions while maintaining low-speed torque, transient response time, and peak torque. It enables an engine to meet emissions regulations with better fuel economy and the lowest installed costs.
- Lower installed cost
- Mounting points are the same as previous engine models
John Deere electronic engine controls
- Faster engine control unit (ECU) manages both the engine and the aftertreatment
- Premium software option integrates with equipment or vehicles to reduce engineering and installation costs
- Electronic engine controls can be engine or remote mounted
- Gear-driven auxiliary drives
- 500-hour oil change
- Self-adjusting poly-vee fan drive
- Optional factory installed variable-speed fan drive improves fuel economy and reduces noise levels
- RH and LH engine-mounted final fuel filters
- Replaceable (wet) cylinder liners
- Low-pressure fuel system with electrical transfer pump and "auto-prime" feature
Confidence is Built In
Backed by a powerful support network